Sunday 8 May 2011

Tutorial Seven:Linking to blogs of interest and exchanging comments

Hi!

In today’s blog I will  link you to 5 blogs of interest that relate to Occupational therapy practice! I have also completed the task of posting a comment on these chosen blogs related to a point of interest,,,,,

My Five Blogs About Occupational Therapy:                                                                                                                                                 1) http://bloggingot.wordpress.com/


A comment that I posted to this site: http://bloggingot.wordpress.com/ joined in on a topic about Dementia which i find effects me personally as i have had experiences with my own Granddad who has dementia. My comment was the following:
“Dementia is a tough one to handle, especially when your loved ones have it. I have a granddad that has it and every time I go visit him I have to be careful that I don’t bombard him with my presence as he will have no clue of who I am.  However, I believe I’ll learn from these personal experiences with my granddad and plan to apply how i deal with the situations in the future for when i work with my own patients. For example, on arrival into there rooms I will always approach them softly, will introduce myself and try to make the person as comfortable as possible without startling them, where I can then try to build a therapeutic relationship with them.
I wish your Grandmother all the best and feel for you and how its hard to manage having a loved one with Dementia”

No comments:

Post a Comment